A MATTER OF MONEY
HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU BRING?
The following guidelines should help you decide:
1. Bring enough for any souvenirs or gifts that you know you’re
going to buy (fudge, T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.)
2. Plan for the number of Secret Pal Gifts you still need to buy.
3. Bring extra money if you plan to eat out.
4. Bring extra money if you want to rent bikes or go for a carriage ride.
(See Rules Regarding Activities in Things to Know)
5. Plan on $20 or more (depending on your personal spending habits)
for spontaneous purchases.
6. Bring $10 to $20 emergency money.
TRAVELING WITH MONEY
In order to avoid lost or stolen money:
1. Keep careful track of exactly how much you bring and how much
you spend. One page of a notebook could be used.
2. Don’t keep all of your money in one place, and don’t forget where you
put it. For example, divided it between your purse, backpack and gear bag.
3. The Advisors’ Room has a locked cash box if you wish to take advantage
of this secure location while on the Island.
Prices on the Island tend to be high. The list below represents average prices for average quality items, not the extremes.
T-Shirt $15 - $20
Sweatshirt $35 - $50
Fudge $7 - $12 per pound
Post Cards $1 for 4 to 8
Playing Cards $3 - $7
Old Time Photos $12 - $25 per print (1-4 people)
Film $3 - $4 more per roll than here
Shampoo, soap, etc $4 - $7